Morning Glory Muffins (these are the muffins served at the breakfast)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup shredded honey crisp apples or other apple of your choice ( apples are to delicate to grate with a food processor so we recommend using a stand up grater.)
3/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
8oz crushed pineapple ( if you use canned, drain it )
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup apple butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups: level with knife.
- Combine flour with next 4 ingredients ( flour through salt ) in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots and next 5 ingredients ( carrot through pineapple ). Make a well in the center and of mixture.
- Combine oil and next 4 ingredients ( oil through egg whites ) ; stir with a whisk .
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist
- Spoon batter into 24 muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake at 350 degress or until muffins just spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- remove muffins from pans almost immediately and cool on wire racks.